Friday, July 1, 2022

Hospitality And Pull-Outs

In my extended family, I tend to be the lowest rung on the ladder of sleep. If there's an empty bed, I'm free to take it. But if someone else comes along, I'm quickly shunted off to cot/pullout couch/air mattress/regular couch and stuck, sleeping in the living room to be awakened too early and disturbed repeatedly. It's a minor complaint, sure, but it makes me feel unwanted. At least I haven't had to share a bed with a family member in a while - that's just plain old demeaning.

There's something about a pull-out couch that just sucks. Thrashing around, trying to get the blanket to cover your feet. Waking up sleeping on bare mattress, your fitted sheet coming off halfway through the night and your pillow falling through the couch. I understand why I'm often given this privilege, spry young adult that I am, but it certainly puts a damper on my mood. If I ever become a homeowner, I'm making sure that there are enough beds for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the future is now

 to any internet scavengers stumbling upon this in the distant future, this saga continues here . didn't want to leave anybody hanging